At BASF, we want to support farmers along the whole value chain – from seed to a successful harvest. BASF is an expert in vegetable seeds and wants to help customers around the globe succeed. This is why we offer a broad portfolio and unique traits that focus on different market situations and consumer’s demands.
Vegetable Seeds - Shaping the future of Vegetables
- Best meeting customer’s demands due to close partnership with farmers and scientists
- Consistent and comprehensive approach along the vegetable value chain from grower to consumer
- Innovative traits that contribute to high yields for farmers and healthy, flavorful and convenient foods for consumers
- Unique products that help improve customers’ business growth and profitability
- Hybrid varieties with traits and characteristics that are suited to different climates, growing conditions, and to cultural and consumer preferences, guarantee success for customers around the globe
As the global specialist in vegetable seeds, it is BASF’s ambition to shape the future of vegetables.
BASF is dedicated to developing innovative genetics and related services and building unique customer relationships. We are responsible for all vegetable seeds activities worldwide from research to after-sales.
Under the brand Nunhems, high-quality vegetable seeds and expert advice in 24 crops are offered to the professional vegetable production industry and supply chain. With more than 2,000 specialists, it is present in all major vegetable production areas around the globe and dedicated to producing market and consumer-oriented varieties and concepts. With a direct orientation towards customers and towards sharing value-added genetics, services and expertise to help them succeed.
To see what products are available in your country, please select your location:
Operations is responsible for the entire process from production to packaging. BASF produces its vegetable seeds globally and has regional processing centers for global sales.
With over 1,200 seed varieties in 24 vegetable crops, Nunhems is a world-renowned brand in the hybrid seed industry. The breeding programs deliver innovative products which in turn help improve our customers’ business growth and profitability.
BASF understands that every market is unique. We develop hybrid varieties with traits and characteristics that are suited to different climates, growing conditions, and to cultural and consumer preferences.
Next to the seed varieties and services that BASF offers to growers, we also offer expert marketing and sourcing advice to traders, food service providers, fresh-cut companies and retailers.