BioSolutions – Natural based alternatives to conventional crop protection developed to combat challenges in modern agriculture
There is an ever-increasing demand on growers and farmers to produce high-quality, environmentally conscious, sustainable products. So, what can we do to help them?
BioSolutions by BASF is a big part of the answer. Our products help farmers and growers find the right balance between efficacy and sustainability. By offering a wide range of alternatives to protect crops against pests and diseases, we can overcome these challenges through effective, sustainable, biological control.
What is biological control?
Biological control is the use of living organisms and substances derived from nature to manage pests and diseases, improve crop protection management and support plants throughout their life cycle. This means introducing the likes of bio fungicides, bio insecticides, bio seed treatments, beneficial nematodes, and agricultural pheromones as part of an integrated pest management program to create natural partnerships which keep harmful pests and diseases from destroying crops.
Those have several advantages when used on their own or alongside conventional crop protection methods:
- Due to their positive environmental profile biologicals are safe for users and consumers and there are no residues left after their use.
- After introducing natural predators, as a form of bio insecticide, they will continue to flourish, keeping pest numbers at a manageable level.
- Biological controls are more target specific and with less or non-effect towards other beneficial insects.
- Biologicals are an alternative tool for resistance management.
- By utilizing effective natural partnerships, biological controls can enhance the own plant health and help to keep the right balance of the local biodiversity.
BioSolutions by BASF, is a range of biological products built on five areas of expertise which help farmers and growers reduce residues, manage resistance, increase stress tolerance, extend the windows of disease and pest protection, adding flexibility to harvest timings. And they do all this naturally for the benefit of your crops, your business and environmental sustainability.
Natural partners for your crops and your business
We believe in finding the right balance between efficacy, quality, and sustainability to help overcome the ever-growing challenges facing agriculture in producing high quality, environmentally friendly products. The right balance for success.