Seed Coatings by BASF — Tailored Seed Coating Solutions To Help Maximize Yield Potential
Our innovative portfolio of high-quality seed coatings helps farmers achieve better yields. Designed to enhance flowability and plantability across a broad range of crops, our seed coatings also optimize appearance and help minimize dust generation during treating and planting. This helps maximize the effectiveness of key seed treatments and plays an important role in protecting workers, farmers and pollinators.
Our comprehensive portfolio:
Sepiret Seed Coatings provide trusted performance and contribute to sustainable agricultural practices with microplastic-free coating offerings that help ensure peace of mind from seed processing to sowing. Sepiret Seed Coatings enhance adhesion and dust control to retain active ingredients (AIs) and create a smooth seed surface for improved seed flow and more accurate seed drop.
Sepiret, which has long been a valued brand offering conventional coating solutions, will be transitioning to a brand that exclusively offers microplastic-free seed coatings. Sepiret Red 01 is the first of these next-generation microplastic-free coatings.
Microplastic-free coatings from our Sepiret portfolio:
- Sepiret Red 01: Microplastic-free red corn coating compatible with all major seed treatments across Europe, including product stewardship for seed-applied insecticides
- Sepiret Flo: Fluency Powder
- Sepiret PF16: Visual Appearance and flow aid
- Sepiret P02: Dry gloss for seed appearance enhancement
- Sepiret F290 Colorless: Microplastic-free seed coating for dust & odor management
Flo Rite offers optimized flowability and precision. In addition, our focus on product stewardship for seed-applied AIs means your investment is protected with technology that improves the adhesion of actives on the seed.
Highlights from our Flo Rite Pro Portfolio:
- Flo Rite Pro 01: Colorless soybean coating for product stewardship of seed-applied insecticides providing high flowability and plantability, compatible with rhizobia inoculants.
(Called Flo Rite Pro 2805 in US and Canada)
- Flo Rite Pro 02 Colorless corn coating for product stewardship of seed-applied insecticides providing more optimal flowability and plantability.
(Called Flo Rite Pro 9805 in Canada)
- Flo Rite Pro Green 01: Green soybean coating for product stewardship of seed-applied insecticides with excellent coverage. Designed for use with and without drying powders, compatible with rhizobia inoculants.
- Flo Rite Pro Red 01: Red corn coating for product stewardship of seed-applied insecticides with excellent coverage.
Secompla helps ensure uniform treatment coverage, while controlling dust-off during treatment, processing, planting and re-bagging. By binding the color and seed treatment onto the seed, Secompla provides product stewardship of seed-applied AIs and helps ensure a professional appearance.
Highlights from our Secompla portfolio:
- Secompla 01: Binder additive for high insecticide use rates on corn, to be used in conjunction with Flo Rite Pro 02
- Secompla 02: Versatile binder for use on canola, cereals and various other crops
(Called Secompla 705 in US and Canada)
- Secompla 505: Binder with additional shine for use on cotton and other crops
Color Coat provides excellent coverage and enhanced visual appearance for a wide range of crops at low use rates. It is a water-based, low-viscosity solution with a neutral pH for easy application and clean up. By using Color Coat, you can also easily identify treated and traited seeds.
Our Color Coat portfolio:
- Color Coat Red
- Color Coat Green 01
- Color Coat Blue
- Color Coat Purple 1
- Color Coat White
Sustainable Agriculture. Right Balance. Better Yield.
Through innovative thinking, practical action and close collaboration, we aim to find the right balance needed to feed a growing population. Learn more about our commitment to sustainability.
With a broad and diverse seed treatment portfolio, we’re poised to support growers with challenges they face today and for years to come. Learn more about how we’re giving seed treatment everything we’ve got to protect seed investments worldwide.