Our Acquisition – A New BASF In Agriculture
At BASF, we can now connect innovative thinking with down-to-earth action along the entire crop cycle – from seed to harvest – with an even stronger crop protection portfolio, differentiated seed and trait products, more digital tools and a growing team of experts.
This acquisition is a major milestone that strengthens our business significantly and improves our geographical coverage. It allows us to partner earlier with farmers and support them every step of the way.
Just looking at the numbers, it's clear to see the impact this acquisition has:
- New business operations in more than 60 countries
- More than €2 billion revenue from new businesses
- More than 4,500 new employees across more than 50 countries
- Significant number of new sites, including 5 chemical production and formulation sites, 17 R&D sites and more than 200 regional seed production and breeding facilities
- We become the world's fourth largest player with seeds and crop protection
To put it simply, we’re ready to get to work, muddy up our boots and put innovation into action around the world.