Imazamox Active Herbicide: Broad-Spectrum Weed Control
Imazamox active herbicide is relied on by farmers around the world for post-emergence broad-spectrum grass and broadleaf weed control. It is part of the Clearfield® and Clearfield Plus® Production Systems, which combine high-yielding seeds with broad-spectrum, selective herbicides. Imazamox works as an ALS-inhibiting herbicide and is sold as Raptor® herbicide or Clearcast® herbicide. Imazamox also can be used on conventional crops to deliver efficient, comprehensive weed control and crop protection.
Key Features and Benefits of Imazamox
- Provides broad-spectrum control of grasses and broadleaf weeds, including difficult-to-control weeds
- Foliar spray provides long-lasting control, often in one pass
- Compatible with many broadleaf and grass herbicides
- Effective at low use rates
- One-pass herbicide application saving growers time in the field
- Effective tank mix partner for complete weed control
- Favorable environmental profile
Mode of Action
Imazamox is an imidazolinone, which is readily absorbed by the roots or shoots of weeds. As it moves through the weed, it works by inhibiting the enzyme acetohydroxyacid synthase (AHAS or ALS). This inhibition disrupts protein synthesis and subsequently causes the cell to starve from lack of proteins necessary for growth. Strong leaf activity and weak soil activity are provided by imazamox, ensuring knockdown as well as added residual activity.
*apply to both Clearfield and Clearfield Plus