We at BASF strive to enable our customers and partners, so that they can successfully manage current and future market requirements. One of the key requirements is fostering the sustainability of agricultural production systems.
Manage what you measure
We are convinced that assessing sustainability is critical to successfully implementing certain activities and monitoring their subsequent progress. In short, our core belief is: You can only manage what you measure.
Over the last 15 years, we have expanded our knowledge and expertise in evaluation methods. In 1996 the Eco-Efficiency-Analysis method was developed to help both our clients and us select or improve a product or process in terms of its eco-efficiency. Using Eco-Efficiency-Analysis, more than 450 studies have been successfully conducted by BASF and its partners. This has enabled us to build a responsible, fact-based decision-making method to help identify improvements in eco-efficiency. We subsequently created SEEBALANCE® by adding the social pillar.
Over time, BASF has been gathering a detailed database that serves as a basis for ongoing case studies. Now with AgBalance™, we have expanded the existing analysis methodology - in cooperation with external partners, stakeholders and experts - to provide solutions that are firmly grounded in the realities of agriculture.
- validated by TÜV Rheinland and NSF International
- more than 450 studies to date
- Eco-efficiency analysis extended by social impact
- assesses environmental, economic and social impacts of industry products and processes
- Holistic method for life cycle assessment in agricultural and food value chain production processes
- validated by TÜV SÜD, DNV Business Assurance, NSF